Friday, February 15, 2013

Passing The Torch

I got this card in an online box break. It is from 2010 Topps Triple Threads. I watch videos of box breaks from cardsinfinity.com on a mostly daily basis. It's a fun way to see what new products look like and what I want to spend my own money on. It's hard to plunk down $100 or more for a box, so I was happy to see this Montana, Brady and Clausen #11/27 pop out. As a kid, I loved the 49ers, so the Montana relic is nice. Obviously I love this card for the Brady, and who could forget the legendary...

Jimmy Clausen?

Topps, I'm confused. A Hall of Famer, a surefire Hall of Famer, and a back-up to the 2011 #1 draft pick Cam Newton. A quarterback with a 3-9 career record. A cardboard misfit. Who knows, maybe someday Clausen will come into his own, but for now, I wish the card looked more like this:

Passi The To? I'll take these two any day.






No comments:

Post a Comment